(Violin, Viola, Piano, Cello and Guitar only)
The program is designed with the understanding that parents will be involved, as they are at home, with lessons, practice, and the general supervision of their children.
Parent and child must attend all classes together.
Twinklers are students currently studying violin, viola, piano or cello, but not yet playing all Twinkle variations up to tempo and without stops.
Each institute day may begin as early as 9:00am and end as late as 6:00pm. Some evenings may have additional optional activities scheduled.
Every program is developed especially with your child's age and playing abilities in mind. Students will be placed accordingly with other students studying similar repertoire and enjoy enrichment activities that will bolster their confidence and musical finesse.
Parents gain inspiration observing their children receive instruction from expert teachers and develop community spending time with fellow parents. Daily parent lectures are offered at no extra cost and are sure to nurture and refresh.
Each Twinkler will have 3 hours of classes per day, which may include the following:
- 1 hour master class (short, semi-private lesson, 4 students per class)
- 1 hour group class (large group class)
- 1 hour music theory or music movement class
- 1 hour attendance at Solo Honors Recitals (If you are interested in performing at a recital you can check back soon for directions for submitting your recording.)
- Daily Practice
- Optional: 1 hour attendance at evening concerts
- Performance in Festival Finale Concert on Friday